Vinson is a Board Certified Health Law Specialist with over 33 years of experience in multiple areas of law, including healthcare and commercial business formation, healthcare and commercial business transactions and finance, healthcare and commercial contracting including physician, hospital and employment contracting, commercial real estate transactions and finance, healthcare fraud and abuse, provider licensure and certification, provider reimbursement and appeals and other healthcare regulatory matters.
Vinson’s practice is concentrated on commercial real estate, business and healthcare transactions and provider audits and appeals. Vinson has handled several multi-million dollar sales and acquisitions, several of which involved obtaining the approval of the Louisiana Attorney General for the sale of non-profit hospitals as required under Louisiana law. In addition, Vinson routinely handles third party payor audits, overpayments and appeals for a multitude of physicians and other healthcare providers all over the country. Vinson also assists clients with wills, estate planning and successions.
Vinson routinely interacts on behalf of clients with representatives of local, state and federal governmental agencies, including the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH), the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (THHSC) and various fiscal intermediaries (FIs) and Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) of these state and federal agencies.
- J.D., 1989, Paul M. Hebert Law Center of Louisiana State University
- B.S., 1985, Nicholls State University
- Admitted to Practice
- Texas, 2017
- Louisiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1991
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Health Law Section
- New Orleans Bar Association
- American Health Law Association
- Louisiana Society of Hospital Attorneys